August 11, 2005

God Bless the IRC



Mark Haddon's bitterly funny debut novel, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, is a murder mystery of sorts--one told by an autistic version of Adrian Mole. Fifteen-year-old Christopher John Francis Boone is mathematically gifted and socially hopeless, raised in a working-class home by parents who can barely cope with their child's quirks. He takes everything that he sees (or is told) at face value, and is unable to sort out the strange behavior of his elders and peers.

I never thought I´d say this, but...

I finally DL "The curious incident of the dog at midnight" at Undernet #bookz. It is sweet. I have the rar now.

Of course I wish I had the papercopy instead, but, I haven´t seen it here have you??????

Yeah! From the wish list to my little yellow carpets ;*) Here is to guilty pleasures.

No comments: