August 02, 2005

Is it true?

"The best thing for being sad... is to learn something. That is the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds.

"There is only one thing for it then--to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting..."

-T.H. White, The Once and Future King

*BTW. I have been reading and reading science blogs all night (don´t ask) and happen to notice that I found not a single one in spanish, at least not in the subject I was following the thread of on blogsnow, wich is the new stupid "idea" of Bu$h to teach ID in schools. Usually, when I follow threads on any tech story, I find at least three or four blogs on spanish, but none this time. Too bad, I guess.

Then I realized I was writing this in english. And switched.

ENTONCES... ¿Enseñar creacionismo ("diseño inteligente") y evolución al mismo tiempo, para que entiendan "de qué se trata el debate"???? ¿Qué le pasa???? Espero que Fox no tome prestadas estas ideas.

¿Saben qué es lo peor? Lo peor es que yo no soy científica. Ahí si saben de alguno que se ocupe de divulgar estas cosas online, me avisan.

No comments: