July 30, 2005

And I stop to complain...

Stayed up too late. Too much alcohol in my system. I open my eyes. I´m alone. Grab something to eat. Grab something to read. I feel retro. I will have the first encyclopedia in the second row, thank you. They´re all red and shiny. I think nobody ever has even opened this one. "Language and..." Oh. Interesting. Semiotic.

"De este modo, el signo linguistico queda constituido por una doble realidad mental..."

(double? that´s so... 70´s)

But they caught me... I keep on reading.

"El complejo sistema de la lengua es una herencia que recibimos de las generaciones anteriores, la resistencia colectiva a toda innovacion linguistica, debido a la necesidad de comprensión del mensaje antes aducida, hace que la inmutabilidad sea característica sustancial del signo linguistico".

Meh. I like neologisms.

I can´t stand, though, some words people use daily this days. Some people. Most. "chilo", for example. What is up with that word? They use it for everything.

Then, some others that are more inherent to the social environment, I guess. Like "pistear", or "chingo", or "fregazo", or "cochis" -es que yo elegiría automáticamente la palabra cerdo-.

Does that make me a liguistic snob?

And.

I dont know what to think of the people that always answer with the same strings of words: "Ya ves". "A poco si". "Pues que bien, no?". ETC (you know what I mean)

I mean. (in case you dont know hehe) Are those SUSTITUTES of ideas? Like, I dont really know what to say or the fuck I dont understand a single word of what she is saying so they just reply with those same standard safety nets for their ignorance?

Or they just think is not worth it to say more than three words?

On the other hand, there is the people that goes on and on talking nonsense. Who am I to judge anybody right?

BTW. Hendrix rules.

2 comments:

Edo said...

Semiótica...

Tal vez los neologismos te agradan precisamente por que vez esa incapacidad social de comunicar cosas significativas a travez de los medios que ya tienen disponibles. Las palabras de "chilo", "que bien" y parecidas servirian como una simple afirmación carente de significado real, asi que pueden ser subtituidas por un gruñido y un ligero ascentimiento con la cabeza. Aunque claro, un LOL como respuesta tampoco es la gran cosa...

Una una snob lingüistica, simplemente significaria que la significacion para ti es distinta; mientras que las personas que usan esas palabras en forma normal no ven o no piensan que se estan expresando de forma incorrecta, cosa que en verdad no estan haciendo, tu sin embargo catalogas la palabra como ruda o "maleducada"... variaciones lingüisticas y demas porquerias sociales. Reducelo a "No, la gente habla distinto por que entiende distinto las palabras."

Mike said...

Jimi Hendrix rules!!

Precisamente venia escuchando "Red House" camino de mi casa hacia aca.

Es de la coleccion de Martin Scorsese "The Best of The Blues".